Ultimafloor is a two-pack waterborne polyurethane-acrylic resin finish that belongs to the new generation of environmentally friendly, water-based products. A quick-drying and odorless floor varnish, with a matte finish, Ultimafloor has exceptional resistance to both mechanical and chemical abrasion making it ideal for areas subject to severe wear such as sports halls, hotels, offices and classrooms.
Ultimafloor can be applied to all wood types including exotic hardwoods and gives long-lasting protection to all wooden floors while enhancing and maintaining the wood’s natural color and beauty.
Ideal Uses for Ultimafloor Floor Varnish
- Enhancing the natural beauty of parquet flooring
- Protecting engineered flooring form damage
- Ensuring high traffic areas like corridors and lobbies are safe from damage
- Giving long-lasting protection even in areas subject to aggressive environmental acids (cleaning products, food, etc.)
- Maintaining a sound surface in sports halls and gymnasiums
Surfaces must first be dry, clean, free of dirt, grease and other surface contamination including previous coatings. Ultimafloor can only be applied to bare wood surfaces or wood surfaces previously finished with Ultimafloor or a solvent or waterborne floor varnish in good condition.
All other finishes must be completely and thoroughly removed. Always clean meticulously with a vacuum cleaner after each sanding, including any dust traps (skirting, radiators, pipes, window sills, etc).
Sand the wooden floor using an appropriate system and abrasive grades, depending on the condition of surface and wood species. Cracks of 2 mm wide or less should be filled with Lianfloor and sanding resumed with 80 or 100 grit paper depending on the last grit used.
Finish with a finishing grade up to grit No. 120 or 150 depending on the wood species and the thickness of the wear layer.
Surface preparation for new wood surfaces
First degrease the surface with denatured alcohol, acetone or a similar solvent based product. Then prepare and sand the surface as instructed above.
Surface preparation for previously treated surfaces (oiled or polished)
Previously oiled or polished surfaces should be dry stripped. After stripping degrease the surface with denatured alcohol, acetone, white (mineral) spirit or a similar solvent based product. then prepare and sand the surface as instructed above.
Surface preparation for previously varnished surfaces in good condition
First, clean the floor meticulously. Repeat the procedure if required. Sand the surface with grit No. 100 or 120 to remove any surface imperfections and dull the existing finish. Meticulously vacuum the surface.
Surface preparation for previously treated surfaces in poor condition
First, remove any existing finish by sanding or stripping. After stripping degrease the surface with denatured alcohol, acetone, white (mineral) spirit or a similar solvent based product. Then prepare and sand the surface as instructed above.
Priming the floor
Next prime all bare wood surfaces with Primafloor following the application instructions.
Stir the Ultimafloor thoroughly before adding Durcisseur UFL* Hardener. Do not shake.
Note: If the product is shaken, allow to stand for 2 hours before adding Durcisseur UFL* Hardener.
Add 1 part Durcisseur UFL* to 10 parts Ultimafloor. Carefully mix the two products with a helical mixer or paddle, for a minimum of 2 minutes then leave to stand for 5 minutes. Use the mixed product within 4 hours
- Facing the light and starting opposite the door so as to work towards it, apply a first even and generous coat of Ultimafloor.
- Always maintain a wet edge to avoid overlaps.
- Start with a brush at the edges, and then do the remaining surface with a roller, working in areas of 2 m by 2 m. Do 3 criss-cross passes in one application.
- Allow the floor to dry for 5 hours depending on the ambient conditions.
- Sand the floor (grit No. 150 to 180) to dull the surface and aid the adhesion of the 2nd coat.
- Apply a 2nd coat of Ultimafloor in the same way as the first.
- Do not leave more than 12 hours between application of the 1st and 2nd coat.
Recommendations after application of Ultimafloor
Wait at least 48 hours before replacing any furniture. Protect the base of any feet with soft pads.
Do not cover varnished floors with carpets or protective covers for a minimum of 15 days after application of Ultimafloor.
Cleaning & Maintenance
Cleaning floors finished with Ultimafloor
Regularly clean the floor with a brush or vacuum cleaner. For the first 15 days, Ultimafloor may be cleaned with a mild floor cleaner and a very well wrung out mop, thereafter clean in the normal manner.
Maintenance of floors finished with Ultimafloor
- Clean floor meticulously
- Sand the area with a fine grade abrasive (grit No 150)
- Clean meticulously with a vacuum cleaner
- Apply 1 or 2 coats of Ultimafloor as required, to protect and restore the look of the floor
Things to Remember
- Protect everything that does not have to be coated
- Remove all furniture and furnishings
- Remove plants and flowers
- Remove or cover fish tanks
- Do not dilute
- Do not apply at an ambient air and wood temperature of less than 15°C or greater than 25°C
- Only apply Ultimafloor to wood surfaces whose moisture content is 15 % or less
- Never sand primed or stained wood prior to applying the finishing coat
- In all cases, comply with the applicable standards
- To avoid product drying too fast do not open windows during application of Ultimafloor