Owatrol Easy-Bond is a highly penetrating, stir-in paint additive for use in water-based masonry or interior paints, to help alleviate peeling problems on all porous surfaces. Owatrol Easy-Bond is especially suitable for unstable, chalky and powdery surfaces, crumbling brickwork or render.
Easy-Bond acts as a stabilizer, penetrating deep into the surface to firmly bond the first coat of paint to the substrate, thus eliminating the need for a primer.
Owatrol Easy-Bond provides a bonding primer, stirs in easily, and does not alter the original color of the paint. It offers a time-saving benefit by eliminating the need to separately prime.
Ideal uses for Owatrol Easy-Bond
- Additive for water-based paint and varnish.
- Can be used on all porous surfaces.
- May be used as a primer or mixed with paint.
- Easy-Bond’s high solids content maintains the inherent characteristics of the paint, improves hiding power and increases coverage by up to 20%.
- Ensures an even coverage and maximum adhesion between the first and second coat of paint.
NOTE: Use only in the first coat of paint
- Shake container well.
- Always mix a small amount of Owatrol Easy-Bond with paint to test compatibility.
- Mix 1 part Owatrol Easy-Bond to 4 parts paint.
- Stir paint and Owatrol Easy-Bond mixture thoroughly. If paint thickens add enough water to return paint to its original consistency.
- Apply paint as usual.
- Apply any additional coats without Owatrol Easy-Bond. Apply additional coats when the Owatrol Easy-Bond / paint mixture is dry.
- Do not apply more paint while the Owatrol Easy-Bond / paint mix film feels soft or tacky.
- Only use Owatrol Easy-Bond in the first coat.
- Do not add Owatrol Easy-Bond to water-based gloss paints for one coat work.
Things to remember
- Follow directions on the paint label.
- Wash protected areas (overhangs, porch ceilings, etc.) with detergent and water. Rinse thoroughly before painting.
- To treat mildew make a solution of 1 part bleach to 3 parts fresh water to this add detergent. Allow this solution to remain on the surface for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with fresh water and allow washed areas to dry before painting.
- Avoid contact with eyes and skin, and provide adequate ventilation.
Martin-Isaac Torres –
The product came on time and it was well packaged. That is a good thing. As well, the product was not old. The consistency of the liquid was a milky white brownish, which is what is supposed to be.