Compo-Clean is a water-based cleaner and degreaser suitable for use on all types of exterior composite wood. It’s friendly to the environment and won’t attack plastic pool liners, stone, cement or other materials which may be near to your composite wood.
Why should I use Compo-Clean?
- Easy to use as it works straight from the bottle
- Easily applied with a brush or roller
- Fast-acting (in as little as 5 minutes!)
- Rinse with water when you are finished and it’s done
- The gel consistency won’t drip or run making it ideal for use on both horizontal and vertical surfaces
Compo-Clean does not contain solvents or paraffin. This is the perfect cleaning product to use before applying Owatrol’s Compo-Care; a transparent tinted coating designed specifically for use on composite wood.
Ideal uses for Compo-Clean
- Cleaning composite decks
- Degreasing any exterior composite wood surfaces
- Getting a perfect clean – even on a grooved decking
- Cleaning horizontal or vertical surfaces
- Reviving composite wood around pools and tubs
Before you start
Always test a small area first. Protect all areas not to be cleaned, plants, shrubs etc. and especially aluminum parts. Always wear suitable protection – gloves (rubber/nitrile), goggles or visor and appropriate clothing.
Application of Compo-Clean composite wood cleaner
- First, apply a thick layer of Compo-Clean to the area to be cleaned. Large areas should be cleaned in smaller sections.
- Leave the product to work for 5 minutes (longer if necessary depending on the nature of the dirt and contamination) and then scrub with a stiff nylon or synthetic brush.
- Rinse with plenty of fresh clean water using the highest pressure source available, or use a power washer (max 50 bars).
- If required repeat the above procedure – for difficult or stubborn staining.
- Allow the surface to dry for 2-3 good drying days before applying a chosen finish.
- We would recommend Owatrol’s Compo-Care transparent tinted coating specifically for composite wood.
Clean all tools used with water.
Things to Remember
- Shake or stir well before application.
- Do not dilute.
- Apply between +5°C to +35°C. Do not apply in direct sunlight or on hot wood.
- Always work the entire length of a board to a logical break.
- On vertical surfaces, clean from bottom to top and rinse from top to bottom to avoid streaking.