Over the last few months we have seen a large peak in paint pouring artists using Owatrol’s Easy Flow as their pouring medium in their works of art and whilst this is not something that Easy Flow was traditionally marketed for, the response and reviews we have received from artists using Easy Flow has been amazing.
For example, take a look at this piece created by artist Charita H. Cadenhead. This was her first time using Easy Flow and she was very happy with the way it turned out (and we can see why!).
We believe you don’t have to be an art connoisseur to be able to appreciate just how beautiful Charita’s art work is.
Here’s what Charita had to say about Easy Flow.
I used it for the first time yesterday and I must say I really liked the experience. The paint pigments really retained their color well and Owatrol has a very smooth flow and the painting is drying quickly (much sooner than normal).
We are very pleased to have yet another satisfied customer – thank you for your kind words Charita.
What is Easy Flow?
Easy Flow is our water-based paint conditioner which makes interior and exterior emulsion and acrylic paints, including colored wood stains, work more like oil-based paints. It helps to improve paint flow and work-ability and allows the paint to adjust to more difficult conditions such as hot, cold and windy environments.
Whilst doing all this, it also helps to eliminate brush and roller marks by improving the flow of the paint, giving it a much more professional finish and helping you to make progress more quickly.
When using Easy Flow in paint pouring art, what makes it different from other paint conditioners on the market?
Paint pouring artists are switching over to Easy Flow from other brands for a few reasons;
- When compared with other brands, Easy Flow hardly has any odor at all, making for a much more pleasant experience when creating your works of art.
- Easy Flow has a much more thicker and “creamier” consistency compared to other types of paint conditioners on the market. This makes moving the paint around your canvas a lot easier as you have more control over where you want the paint to go.
- Easy Flow creates much neater and stronger cells, so you can avoid your cells bumping into each other when moving you canvas and potentially ruining your piece.
- Users have told us that they haven’t experienced any cracks upon drying in their art when using Easy Flow.
- Due to Easy Flow being a water-based product, the clean up is very easy – just soap & water.
Still have some questions regarding the use of Easy Flow in your art projects?
Then we have the blog post just for you! Check out our last Easy Flow post here called: “Using Easy Flow in your acrylic paint pouring”. Inside you will find the most frequently asked questions when it comes to using Easy Flow in your art.
If you have any further questions regarding the use of Easy Flow, please feel free to contact us.
Images courtesy of Charita H. Cadenhead.