To protect metal from rust you may think is a difficult or daunting task. However, it can be very quick, easy and affordable when you use products from Owatrol.
We have a wide range of metal protective oils and finishes for a variety of uses.
Owatrol Oil is a versatile, highly penetrating rust inhibitor that provides a tough, flexible finish. It saturates deep into the metal surface and drives out excess moisture and air from the rusted area and so stops it from continuing to damage your metal.
It can be used on non-ferrous metals for interior and exterior use and on a wide variety of surfaces such as:
- Steel structures, metal fences, railings, garden furniture, pipes, nuts, bolts, screws etc.
- On various machinery, engine parts, trailers etc.
- On boat hulls, tanks and more.
To learn more about Owatrol Oil and how you can use it on your projects, take a look at some of our previous posts:
- SPRUE uses Owatrol Oil to finish metal furniture
- Artist uses Owatrol Oil to finish metal sculpture
- Owatrol Oil transforms former slaughterhouse into modern space
Transyl Oil is a multi-purpose, highly saturating, lubricating, self-spreading oil that has exceptional ‘wetting’, spreading, and climbing abilities. It’s able to get to the most difficult to reach areas and is perfect for the dismantling and maintenance of metal assemblies as well as for lubricating hard to reach metal parts. It does not contain any caustic or acidic substances and as such does not cause any damage to painted surfaces.
Transyl oil can be used on all surfaces to:
- Release rusted parts such as bolts, screws, chains, bearings and conveyors
- Lubricate hinges, chainsaws, pulleys, locks, tools etc.
- Clean engines as well as industrial and marine equipment
- Dissolve adhesives and gums – for easy removal of residue caused by labels, stickers, tape, etc.
- As a machining lubricant; especially useful for working with aluminum and its alloys, plastics as well as stainless steel
- For electrical assemblies, circuit boards, automotive electrics and controls etc.
To learn more about Transyl Oil and how you can use it on your projects, take a look at some of our previous posts:
Owatrol ALU is a flexible, high-gloss, anti-corrosive coating fortified with Owatrol Oil to provide premium corrosion protection. It leaves a highly elastic surface that will not crack, flake or peel and galvanized surfaces do not require weathering or pickling before application.
You can apply to both interior and exterior surfaces and on all ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Owatrol ALU has excellent abrasion resistance, withstands chemical attack and is ideal in aggressive climatic conditions where a highly resistant finish is necessary.
It has excellent resistance against the effects of the weathering, UV rays and pollution as well as excellent light and heat-reflecting properties. Once fully cured, it can withstand temperatures of up to 175ºC!
Owatrol ALU Aluminium Paint can be used on:
- Both internal and external horizontal and vertical surfaces
- Metal gates, fences, structural steel, roofing, storage tanks, trailers
- Automotive parts such as exhaust pipes, bumpers, wheels etc.
- Machinery, pumps, electrical, plumbing, boat bilges etc.
Watch our demonstration video below to see the application and finished result of Owatrol ALU:
Owatrol C.I.P (Corrosive Inhibiting Primer) is a rust-inhibiting primer suitable for finishing with both single and 2-pack paints and finishes. It contains the anti-corrosive properties of Owatrol Oil which enable it to stabilize the surface to offer premium protection.
It does this by saturating deep into the surface and pushing out excess moisture and air to form a solid stable layer.
Owatrol CIP can be used for:
- Inhibiting rust development on everyday items such as railings and gates
- Resisting corrosive fumes
- Protecting motor vehicles
- Avoiding rusting on construction equipment
- Protecting ballast tanks of ships
- Priming steel structures
To learn more about Owatrol CIP and how you can use it on your projects, take a look at some of our previous posts:
We hope you found this post helpful. If you have any tips or tricks about protecting metal, please leave them in the comments below. We love hearing from you!