Treating your parquet flooring with Owatrol Oleofloor will ensure it is beautiful, warm and inviting for many years to come.
Oleofloor is a water-based wood oil finish enriched with vegetable oil, combined with polyurethane resins. It enhances the natural beauty of the wood with a deep, rich, warm feel to any wooden floor. Its excellent penetrating qualities means Oleofloor nourishes the wood from within offering long-lasting protection.
It is available in two versions; Classic and Natural. Oleofloor Classic has a ‘wet-look’ finish which warms the wood. Whereas Oleolfoor Natural has a matt natural-looking finish and is available in 3 shades; Clear, Antique White and Antique Grey.
Before using Olefloor you will need to strip the previous coating.
Stripping parquet flooring
- Before application, the surface must be clean, dry and free from all surface contamination including any previous coatings.
- Any cracks, dent or other imperfections of 2 mm wide would need to be filled and sanded.
- Thoroughly sand the floor back to bare wood using an appropriate system and abrasive grades. Be sure you use the corrects grades specific to the wood condition and species.
- Between each sanding, be sure to thoroughly remove the dust with a vacuum cleaner.
- Finish sanding with finishing grade up to grit No. 120 or 150 – this will vary depending on the wood species and thickness of wear layer.
Penetrative oils may need to be removed before sanding.
Treating Parquet Flooring with Oleofloor
Once the wood has been correctly prepared, you are now ready to apply Oleofloor. Follow these 3 easy steps:
First Step – Apply a generous first coat of Oleofloor and allow to dry for approximately 4 hours (this will depend on ambient conditions).
Second Step – Apply a second or even third coat (this will depend on the type of wood and foot traffic)
Third Step – Leave to dry
Note: Make sure you don’t leave any more than 12 hours between the applications of each coating and always maintain the wet edge to avoid overlap marks.
To keep your flooring looking its best for longer, we recommend regular brushing or vacuuming.
We hope you have found this post helpful. If you have any other tips or advice, please feel free to leave them below. We love hearing from you!
Want to know when our next blog post goes live? Then follow us on our social media pages to keep up to date with everything Owatrol related! You can find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @OwatrolUSA or use the hashtag #owatrolusa