If your wood has been left untreated it will probably have turned a grayish color and be covered in dirt and grime!
Before attempting to apply any sort of finish to it you should definitely use a wood cleaner to remove all this dirt and restore the wood’s natural color. This will also help the finish to penetrate as dirt and grease can prevent a good adherence and therefore lead to peeling and flaking.
What tools do I need to clean untreated wood?
You can use any of the following tools to use Net-Trol wood cleaner.
- Stiff Bristled Nylon Brush/Broom
- Synthetic Brush/Roller
How do I use Net-Trol to clean my untreated wood?
- Wet the surface with clean water
- Apply Net-Trol wood cleaner with a synthetic brush or roller
- Scrub the surface with a Stiff brush or broom
- Leave it to work for 10-20 minutes
- Scrub the surface whilst rinsing with water (you can use a pressure washer here if you wish)
- Repeat if required
Please ensure that you allow your wood surfaces to dry for at least 48 hours before applying a finish.
Our video guide to cleaning untreated wood
Our Top Tips
- Shake the container thoroughly before use
- Cover areas you want to protect
- Thoroughly wet plants and shrubs
- Apply between 5˚C and 35˚C
- Do not apply on a hot surface; product will dry too quickly.
- If cleaning vertical wood, work from bottom to top to avoid streaking
Other uses for Net-Trol wood cleaner
Net-Trol is great for cleaning untreated wood surfaces and restoring their natural wood color but you can also use it for a number of other purposes including: